The Mystery of The Nine Students Rooms
Alex, Bret, Chris, Derek, Eddie, Fred, Greg, Harold, and John are nine students who live in a three storey building, with three rooms on each floor. A room in the West wing, one in the center and one in the East wing. If you look directly at the building, the left side is West and the right side is East. Each student is assigned exactly one room.
Can you find where each of their rooms is:
1. Harold does not live on the bottom floor.
2. Fred lives directly above John and directly next to Bret (who lives in the West wing).
3. Eddie lives in the East wing and one floor higher than Fred.
4. Derek lives directly above Fred.
5. Greg lives directly above Chris.
From the highest floor to lowest we have:
West Centre East
==== ====== ====
Harold Derek Eddie
Bret Fred Greg
Alex John Chris